Integration matters to marketers, but interaction matters to people.
I started as a copywriter at DDB and other Spanish agencies until I joined Spain’s top digital shop DoubleYou. First in Barcelona, where I became Creative Director at the age of 26, and later in Madrid, where I helped DoubleYou open a new office.
In 2011 I decided to quit the agency that taught me everything I know for the thrill of a gap year. I travelled a lot, read a lot and worked on a personal transmedia porn project with a famous feminist porn director. Yes, I said transmedia porn. And nope, I didn't perform in it.
After some time living between Spain, the UK and the Netherlands, I settled down in London, the city where I currently work as freelance Creative Director.
I like to think my projects blur the boundaries between digital, film and PR from a strong strategic, conversational and media-agnostic thinking. I firmly believe this is the key to modern communications, though still today I get asked to label myself more often than I expected.
Within 14 years of experience I've been lucky to work for a broad range of clients including some of the world's top agencies such as Wieden & Kennedy, AMV BBDO, The Martin Agency or JWT Amsterdam; digital specialists such as Poke or The Rumpus Room; plus some brands (Reebok) and start-ups (RadioWolfgang.com, Lust Films).
My projects have been recognized with over 100 industry awards, including 2 Grand Prix plus an Innovation Lion at Cannes. Although I'm not a big fan of awards, I'm very thankful and proud for having achieved most of these as a freelancer.
From time to time, you will also see me judging at festivals (The New York Festivals, The Lovies, The Webbys...) and lecturing on creativity and innovation at several institutions from United Kingdom, Spain and Latin America.
- AMV BBDO - London - amvbbdo.com
- The Martin Agency - London - martinagency.com
- Wieden + Kennedy - London - wk.com
- J. Walter Thompson - Amsterdam - jwtamsterdam.nl
- This Here - London - thishe.re
- The Rumpus Room - London - trr.tv
- Poke - London - pokelondon.com
- VCCP - London - vccp.com
- United State of Fans / TBWA - Amsterdam - unitedstateoffans.com
- Grey - Madrid - grey.com
- THD/Reebok - Barcelona
- Cheil Worldwide - London - cheil.com
- Doubleyou - Barcelona & Madrid - doubleyou.com
- DDB - Barcelona - ddb.es
- Automotive: Audi, Volkswagen
- Alcohol & Beverages: Heineken, Coca-Cola Company, Mahou, San Miguel
- Banking: BBVA, ING Bank
- Communications: Telefonica, O2, EE, Ziggo
- Fashion / Lifestyle: Adidas, Umbro, Reebok
- Food & Snacks: Doritos, Lays, Walkers, Cesar Petcare
- Start-ups: Radiowolfgang.com, Lust Films
- Travel: Easyjet
- Tech: Samsung, LG, Microsoft,
- Public & Non-profit: Which?, Barcelona City Council, Andorra Government
'Ferran uniquely balances high ambition with low ego. He's one of the great creatives who can imagine new, clear ideas in the clouds of possibilities and with incredible rigour and dedication, bring them into the realm of reality. You know he's not going to let go until the very best ideas are perfectly shaped and delivered.'
Nicolas Roope, Founder & Creative Partner - Poke Publicis London
- Cannes Lions - 2 Grand Prix, 1 Innovation Lion, 4 Gold, 6 Silver, 6 Bronze, 1 Shortlist.
- UK Creative Circle Awards - Best digital campaign
- The One Show - 1 Bronze, 1 Merit
- The New York Festivals - 1 Silver
- Eurobest - 1 Grand Prix, 6 Gold, 5 Silver, 1 Bronze, 3 Shortlist
- Clio - 1 Gold, 2 Bronze, 2 Shortlist
- Lovie Awards - 1 Silver
- Caples Awards - 3 Silver, 1 Bronze
- LIA - 1 Grand LIA, 5 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
- El Sol - (LATAM) - 4 Silver, 4 Bronze, 6 Shortlist
- MAA Best Awards - 1 Best of the Best, 3 Best
- Kinsale Shark - 2 Gold, 2 Silver
- Campaign Big Awards - 1 Silver
- Premios IMAN - SPAIN - 1 Grand Prix, 1 Gold, 2 Shortlist
- Spanish Creative Circle Awards - 1 CdeC de Plata, 2 Anuarios
- IAB Inspirational - SPAIN - 1 Silver
- EFI Awards - 1 Bronze, 1 Shortlist
- FWA - 1 Site of the day
- Awwwards - 1 Site of the day
- Contagious Magazine - 2 Most Contagious
- BestPack IPMARK - SPAIN - 1 Gold
- Premios Interactive - SPAIN - 1 Gold
"Ferran is one of those rare people in the business combining strategic and creative excellence with being that guy that everybody likes. He's on top of the digital and tech game and is of high value to any agency out there."
Bas Korsten, ECD - J. Walter Thompson Amsterdam