Integration matters to marketers, interaction matters to people.
I like to think my projects blur the boundaries between digital, film and PR from a strong strategic, conversational and media-agnostic thinking. I firmly believe this is the key to modern communications, though still today I get asked to label myself more often than I expected.
I've been lucky to work for some of the world's top integrated agencies (Wieden & Kennedy, AMV BBDO, JWT Amsterdam, The Martin Agency...) digital specialists such as Poke; plus some brands (Reebok) and start-ups (RadioWolfgang.com, Lust Films).
My school was DoubleYou, Spain's top digital shop, where I worked for 6 years. First in Barcelona, where I became Creative Director at the age of 26, and later in Madrid, where at 28 they asked me to open a new office.
In 2011 I quitted the agency for the thrill of a gap year. I travelled a lot, read a lot and worked on a personal transmedia porn project with a famous feminist porn director — Yes, transmedia porn.
Within 15 years of experience, the projects I have worked on have collected more than 100 awards, including 2 Grand Prix plus an Innovation Lion at Cannes.
I'm not a big fan of festivals, though a part of me feels proud of having achieved most of these as a freelancer.
From time to time, you will see me judging at festivals (The New York Festivals, The Lovies, The Webbys...) and lecturing on creativity and innovation at several masterships and seminars across Europe.
- Wieden + Kennedy - Amsterdam - wk.com
- Acthung! - Amsterdam - achtung.nl
- J. Walter Thompson - London - jwt.com
- AMV BBDO - London - amvbbdo.com
- The Martin Agency - London - martinagency.com
- Wieden + Kennedy - London - wk.com
- J. Walter Thompson - Amsterdam - jwtamsterdam.nl
- This Here - London - thishe.re
- The Rumpus Room - London - trr.tv
- Poke - London - pokelondon.com
- VCCP - London - vccp.com
- United State of Fans / TBWA - Amsterdam - unitedstateoffans.com
- Grey - Madrid - grey.com
- THD/Reebok - Barcelona
- Cheil Worldwide - London - cheil.com
- Doubleyou - Barcelona & Madrid - doubleyou.com
- DDB - Barcelona - ddb.es
- Automotive: Audi, Volkswagen
- Alcohol & Beverages: Heineken, Coca-Cola Company, Mahou, San Miguel, Dewar's
- Banking: BBVA, ING Bank
- Communications: Telefonica Group, O2, EE, Vodafone
- Energy: Shell
- Fashion / Lifestyle: Adidas, Nike, Umbro, Reebok
- Food & Snacks: Doritos, Lays, Walkers, Cesar Petcare
- Start-ups: Radiowolfgang.com, Lust Films
- Travel: Easyjet
- Tech: Samsung, LG, Microsoft,
- Public & Non-profit: Which?, Save The Children, Barcelona City Council, Andorra Government
'Ferran uniquely balances high ambition with low ego. He's one of the great creatives who can imagine new, clear ideas in the clouds of possibilities and with incredible rigour and dedication, bring them into the realm of reality. You know he's not going to let go until the very best ideas are perfectly shaped and delivered.'
Nicolas Roope, Founder & Creative Partner - Poke Publicis London
- Cannes Lions - 2 Grand Prix, 1 Innovation Lion, 4 Gold Lions, 6 Silver Lions, 6 Bronze Lions, 10 Shortlists
- Eurobest - 1 Grand Prix, 7 Gold, 5 Silver, 1 Bronze, 2 Shortlist
- The One Show - 2 Gold, 3 Silver, 3 Bronze, 4 Merit
- UK Creative Circle Awards - Best digital campaign
- Clio - 1 Gold, 2 Bronze
- D&AD - 1 Yellow Pencil, 2 Graphite Pencil, 2 Wood Pencil
- London International Awards - 1 Grand LIA, 5 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
- Epica - 1 Grand Prix, 3 Gold, 1 Silver, 1 Bronze
- New York Festivals - 1 Silver
- Caples Awards - 3 Silver, 1 Bronze
- Lovie Awards - 1 Silver
- El Sol - 4 Silver, 4 Bronze, 5 Shortlist
- Spanish Creative Circle - 1 CdeC de Plata, 2 Merit
- IAB Inspirational Awards - 1 Silver
- IMAN - 1 Grand Prix, 1 Gold, 2 Shortlist
- EFI Awards - 1 Bronze, 1 Shortlist
"Ferran is one of those rare people in the business combining strategic and creative excellence with being that guy that everybody likes. He's on top of the digital and integrated game and is of high value to any agency out there."
Bas Korsten, ECD - J. Walter Thompson Amsterdam